Monday, March 7, 2011

First Day!

Lauren and I had our first day of classes today at Blashammar Skola. It was great! The staff and students are all wonderful and speak English very well. We met students from grades 7 and 9 as we will be teaching them English, I think Wednesday we meet the grade 8's for English as well. I also helped during a gr 8 math lesson today and even though it was in Swedish I could still help the students, some of the words are recognizable and of course the numbers help I think. I also have a couple English classes a week with gr 4, they are amazing with the language even though they have just started learning it in gr 3. Lauren is working with gr 6 as well for English. Hopefully we can get some names down this week and then start teaching our own lessons next week.

Friday we are traveling to Gothenburg to tour around, luckily we have a place to stay all arranged through Monica already. Looking forward to more exploring and sightseeing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment